Saturday, April 30, 2016

The Genesis Of A Mothers Farewell.

Today, I see you last.
I will look at you and remember my past
When I was a boy and you would still wash me
When you would tie my shoes
and I would be so enthusiastic about it
When I would cry and you would curb my pain
With pats my on my back and you would lift my shoulders
You would carry me when I cried the pain of distance
You would cover me when I cried cold
You would blow air onto my face when fever had me
That same time you would have a bucket of water and a damp cloth on my forehead
You were the one that I made to bleed.
Mother you carried  me...

Your whole life
You lived trying to please your children
Till the day of your end
For us there weren't rules you wouldn't bend
You had a dream of seeing us grow into people
People society would accept without thoughts that were crippled
Mother you gave breathe to us.
For nine months and more you carried and provided until you couldn't.
You loved us and you showed it.

Mother Mary, soon to be dust and one with nature.
We mourn your passing and remember your legacy.
We remember the tireless hours you would spend ploughing in the field.
We remember how you were always the last with the hoe to yield.
Yes
I remember your heartbreak when dad went
With these eyes that dropped tears for you.
I saw you cry and I saw beyond physique a part of you
 laid to rest, the day my father took up his grave.
I saw you stumble and I couldnt hold you firm...
My youth wouldn't let me.

Mother Mary,
One who United nations,
One who strengthened relations
One who noticed he importance of opportunities
One who understood the plight of her offspring's
You are no more.

Gone with the Wind.
Eloped with unseen time
To dust as the beginning asked
Our hearts with grief left and scarred
Your passing wounds caused
YOU ARE NO MORE.

RIP MOTHER

No comments:

Post a Comment